by Edited by Barbara Geller and Melissa P. DelBello
Recent advances in evidence-based treatment of pediatric bipolar disorder are comprehensively reviewed in this authoritative volume.
Recent advances in evidence-based treatment of pediatric bipolar disorder are comprehensively reviewed in this authoritative volume. The prominent editors and contributors examine the current status of widely used medications and psychosocial therapies, and explore new horizons in tailoring treatment to individuals' neurobiological and clinical profiles. Chapters on specific populations discuss strategies for addressing common co-occurring disorders in children and adolescents with bipolar disorder, treating preschoolers, targeting bipolar depression, and improving early intervention and prevention. Other essential topics include medication side effects and approaches to monitoring and ameliorating them, and ethical issues related to treatment and research.
"This timely book reflects a range of recent developments in the field. Unique features include the discussions of metabolic considerations; recent advances in pharmacological treatments; and chapters on preschool presentation, early intervention, and ethics that present important perspectives on complex issues. Readers will be pleasantly impressed with the progress and consensus charted in this book."
-Eric Youngstrom, PhD, Departments of Psychology and Psychiatry and Associate Director, Center of Excellence for Research and Treatment of Bipolar Disorder, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
404 pages, 6 x 9
1. Introduction, Melissa P. DelBello and Barbara Geller
I. Diagnosis and Treatments
2. Diagnosis, Prognosis, and Personalized Medicine, Rebecca Tillman and Barbara Geller
3. Neuropsychopharmacology, Nick C. Patel and Melissa P. DelBello
4. Lithium, Robert L. Findling and Mani N. Pavuluri
5. Atypical Antipsychotics in the Treatment of Early-Onset Bipolar Disorder, Jean A. Frazier, Hallie Bregman, and Joseph A. Jackson
6. Mood Stabilizers, Robert A. Kowatch
7. Newer Drugs, Adelaide S. Robb and Paramjit T. Joshi
8. Nonpharmacological Biological Treatment for Pediatric Bipolar Disorder: Omega-3 Fatty Acids and Complementary and Alternative Medicine, Russell E. Scheffer
9. Family-Focused Treatment for Bipolar Disorder in Adolescence, David J. Miklowitz, Kimberley L. Mullen, and Kiki D. Chang
10. Psychoeducational Psychotherapy, Kristen H. Davidson and Mary A. Fristad
II. Comorbid Disorders and Special Populations
11. Pharmacotherapy for Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder in Children with Mania, Karen Dineen Wagner
12. Pediatric Bipolar Disorder and Substance Use Disorders: The Nature of the Relationship, Subtypes at Risk, and Treatment Issues, Timothy E. Wilens and Martin Gignac
13. Pediatric Bipolar Disorder and Comorbid Conditions: Treatment Implications, Gagan Joshi and Janet Wozniak
14. Treatment of Preschool Bipolar Disorder: A Novel Parent-Child Interaction Therapy and Review of Data on Psychopharmacology, Joan L. Luby, Melissa Meade Stalets, Samantha Blankenship, Jennifer Pautsch, and Molly McGrath
15. Treatment of Children and Adolescents at High Risk for Bipolar Disorder, Kiki D. Chang
16. Treatment of Bipolar Depression, Shannon Rae Barnett, Mark A. Riddle, and John T. Walkup
III. Other Issues
17. Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, Paramjit T. Joshi and Adelaide S. Robb
18. Weight Gain and Metabolic Abnormalities in Pediatric Bipolar Disorder, Christoph U. Correll
19. Ethical and Regulatory Aspects in the Treatment of Children and Adolescents with Bipolar Disorder, Benedetto Vitiello
Stock: Usually ships in 6-10 business days!