by Anthony Biglan, Patricia A. Brennan, Sharon L. Foster, and Harold D. Holder
This comprehensive volume reviews current knowledge about multiple problem behaviors in adolescence, focusing on "what works" in prevention and treatment.
Written by leading authorities, this comprehensive volume reviews current knowledge about multiple problem behaviors in adolescence, focusing on "what works" in prevention and treatment. Cutting-edge research is presented on the epidemiology, development, and social costs of four youth problems that frequently co-occur: serious antisocial behavior, drug and alcohol misuse, tobacco smoking, and risky sexual behavior. A framework for reducing these behaviors is outlined, drawing on both clinical and public health perspectives, and empirically supported prevention and treatment programs are identified. Also addressed are ways to promote the development, dissemination, and effective implementation of research-based intervention practices.
Pages: 318Size: 6" x 9"
1. Youth with Multiple Problems
2. The Extent and Consequences of Multiple Problems
3. The Social Costs of Adolescent Problem Behavior, Ted R. Miller
4. Influences on the Development of Multiple Problems
5. Prevention of Adolescent Problems through Interventions in the Preteen Years
6. Prevention Practices Targeting All Adolescents
7. Interventions Targeting Adolescents with Behavior Problems
8. Comprehensive Community and Statewide Interventions
9. Integrating Science and Practice to Enhance the Well-Being of Children and Adolescents
Stock: Usually ships in 6-10 business days!