by Margot Sunderland
This practical manual begins with the philosophy and psychology underpinning the therapeutic value of storytelling. It shows how to use storytelling as a therapeutic tool with children and how to make an effective response when a child tells a story to you.
This practical handbook begins with the philosophy and psychology underpinning the therapeutic value of story telling. It shows how to use story telling as a therapeutic tool with children and how to make an effective response when a children tells you a story. It is an essential accompaniment to the Helping Children with Feelings series.
Issues covered"Peppered with case illustrating how stories have helped children to change their lives...the packs will be of value to counselors and therapists.
- Why story telling is such a good way of helping children with their feelings.
- What resources you may need in a story telling session.
- How to construct your own therapeutic story for a child.
- What to do when childre tell stories to you.
- Things to so and say when working with a child's story.
TES Curriculum Special Needs
Stock- Usually ships in 5-8 business days!