by Catherine Ford Sori, PhD and Lorna L. Hecker, PhD
This dynamic handbook provides you with handouts and homework activities that are quick and easy and require little effort or experience to use.
This book puts a myriad of homework, handouts, activities, and interventions in your hands!
Targeted specifically toward children and adolescents, the therapist's helpers you'll find in this extraordinary book will give you the edge in aiding children with their feelings, incorporating play techniques into therapy, providing group therapy to children, and encouraging appropriate parental involvement. The Therapist's Notebook for Children and Adolescents covers sleep problems, divorce, illness, grief, sexual abuse, cultural/minority issues, and more, incorporating therapeutic approaches that include play, family play, psychodynamic, family systems, behavioral, narrative, and solution-focused therapy.
This ready reference is divided into eight thoughtfully planned sections to make it easy to find the right activity, handout, or intervention for the problem at hand: Dealing with Children's Feelings, The Use of Play in Therapy, Special Child Problems, Youth/Adolescents, Specific Approaches or Interventions, Family Issues, Parent Education and Intervention, and Illness and Bereavement.
Covering a wide age range, The Therapist's Notebook for Children and Adolescents will help you become even more effective with your youthful clients by:
- providing creative ideas for use with children
- expanding your repertoire of proven interventions and approaches to
- working with children and specific children's issues
- exploring effective ways to run children's groups
- showing you how to work with children in many modalities--individual, family, with parents, and in groups
- examining ways to include parents and families in child/adolescent therapy to increase the ability to make systematic changes-helping the client's behavioral change to be reinforced at home
A far cry from typical child intervention books, The Therapist's Notebook for Children and Adolescents: Homework, Handouts, and Activities for Use in Psychotherapy does much more than simply help you teach skills to children. Make it a part of your therapeutic arsenal today!
433 pages; 8 1/2 X 11;soft bound
Additional Volumes sold separately.