by Maureen Aarons & Terssa Gittens
Programmes introduce children to good attention behaviour, which includes looking, listening and turn taking. Alll sessions are photocopiable.
Following on from Autism, this new publication contains detailed photocopiable session plans for early years, infants, juniors and adolescents.
- Emphasises intergrated working practices that cross professional boundaries.
- The session plans are very flexible; they can be used as presented, or adjected to include aspects of the national curriculum or to meet the needs of particular goups in both clinical and educational settings.
- Primarily for able and verbal children with an autistic spectrum disorder, the programmes are relevant to the needs of a much wider group of children than those with a formal diagnosis.
- At the early-years level the programme introduces children to good attention behaviour, which includes looking, listening and turn-taking. By adolescence, the participants are helped to deal effectively with real-life situations, as well as gaining some insight into the thoughts, perspectives and intentions of others.
- Reflects the current focus for integrating children with special needs into mainstream education.
This stimulating and innovative approach to social skills training, encourages integrated working practice between speech & language therapy and education, provides social skills programmes, each of ten sessions, for children of different ages from early years to adolescence.
From the same authors Autism: A Social Skills Approach for Children & Adolescents
wire bound, illustrated
Status: Usually ships in 20-30 business days!