by Russell A. Barkley, PhD
Widely regarded as the standard clinical reference, this volume provides the best current knowledge about attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in children, adolescents, and adults.
Widely regarded as the standard clinical reference, this volume provides the best current knowledge about attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in children, adolescents, and adults. The field's leading authorities address all aspects of assessment, diagnosis, and treatment, including psychological therapies and pharmacotherapy. Core components of ADHD are elucidated. The volume explores the impact of the disorder across a wide range of functional domains—behavior, learning, psychological adjustment, school and vocational outcomes, and health. All chapters conclude with user-friendly Key Clinical Points.
New to This Edition
Reflects significant advances in research and clinical practice.
- Expanded with many new authors and new topics.
- Chapters on cutting-edge interventions: social skills training, dietary management, executive function training, driving risk interventions, complementary/alternative medicine, and therapies for adults.
- Chapters on the nature of the disorder: neuropsychological aspects, emotional dysregulation, peer relationships, child- and adult-specific domains of impairment, sluggish cognitive tempo, and more.
Pages: 898 Size: 7⅜" x 9¼"
I. The Nature of ADHD
1. History of ADHD, Russell A. Barkley
2. Primary Symptoms, Diagnostic Criteria, Subtyping, and Prevalence of ADHD, Walter Roberts, Richard Milich, & Russell A. Barkley
3. Emotional Dysregulation is a Core Component of ADHD, Russell A. Barkley
4. Developmental and Neuropsychological Deficits in Children with ADHD, Lisa L. Weyandt & Bergljot Gyda Gudmundsdottir
5. Comorbid Psychiatric Disorders in Children with ADHD, Steven R. Pliszka
6. Educational Impairments in Children with ADHD, George J. DuPaul & Joshua M. Langberg
7. Families and ADHD, Charlotte Johnston & Andrea Chronis-Tuscano
8. Peer Relationships of Children with ADHD, Julia D. McQuade & Betsy Hoza
9. Developmental Progression and Gender Differences among Individuals with ADHD, Elizabeth B. Owens, Stephanie L. Cardoos, & Stephen P. Hinshaw
10. Executive Function Deficits in Adults with ADHD, Mary V. Solanto
11. Health Problems and Related Impairments in Children and Adults with ADHD, Russell A. Barkley
12. Educational, Occupational, Dating and Marital, and Financial Impairments in Adults with ADHD, Russell A. Barkley
13. Comorbid Psychiatric Disorders and Psychological Maladjustment in Adults with ADHD, Russell A. Barkley
14. Etiologies of ADHD, Russell A. Barkley
15. Theories of ADHD, Erik G. Willcutt
16. Executive Functioning and Self-Regulation Viewed as an Extended Phenotype: Implications of the Theory for ADHD and its Treatment, Russell A. Barkley
17. Concentration Deficit Disorder (Sluggish Cognitive Tempo), Russell A. Barkley
II. Assessment of ADHD
18. Psychological Assessment of Children with ADHD, Russell A. Barkley
19. Psychological Assessment of Adults with ADHD, J. Russell Ramsay
20. Diagnosing ADHD in Adults in the Primary Care Setting, Lenard A. Adler & Samuel Alperin
III. Treatment of Children and Teens with ADHD
21. Training Parents of Youth with ADHD, Anil Chacko, Carla C. Allan, Jodi Uderman, Melinda Cornwell, Lindsay Anderson, & Alyssa Chimiklis
22. Training Families of Adolescents with ADHD, Arthur L. Robin
23. Social Skills Training for Youth with ADHD, Amori Yee Mikami
24. Treatment of ADHD in School Settings, Linda J. Pfiffner & George J. DuPaul
25. Dietary Management of ADHD, Elizabeth Hurt & L. Eugene Arnold
26. Executive Function Training for Children with ADHD, Mark D. Rapport, Sarah A. Orban, Michael J. Kofler, Lauren M. Friedman, & Jennifer Bolden
27. Stimulant and Nonstimulant Medications for Childhood ADHD, Daniel F. Connor
28. Combined Treatments for ADHD, Bradley H. Smith & Cheri J. Shapiro
29. Driving Risk Interventions for Teens with ADHD, Gregory A. Fabiano & Nicole K. Schatz
30. Complementary and Alternative Medicine for ADHD, Amanda Bader & Andrew Adesman
IV. Treatment of Adults with ADHD
31. Psychological Counseling of Adults with ADHD, Kevin R. Murphy
32. Cognitive-Behavioral Therapies for ADHD, Laura E. Knouse
33. Assessment and Management of ADHD in Educational and Workplace Settings in the Context of ADA Accommodations, Michael Gordon, Larry J. Lewandowski, & Benjamin J. Lovett
34. Counseling Couples Affected by Adult ADHD, Gina Pera
35. Pharmacotherapy of ADHD in Adults, Jefferson B. Prince, Timothy E. Wilens, Thomas J. Spencer, & Joseph Biederman
Stock- Usually ships in 1-2 business days!