by Stephanie H. McConaughy
The expert author offers guidelines for interviewing children of different ages--as well as their parents and teachers--and for weaving the resulting data into multimethod assessment and intervention planning.
Cafted to meet the day-to-day needs of school psychologists and other practitioners working with children, this is the most concise, practical, and up-to-date book of its kind. The expert author offers guidelines for interviewing children of different ages--as well as their parents and teachers--and for weaving the resulting data into multimethod assessment and intervention planning. Coverage encompasses school issues, peer and family relations, problem behavior, and more, with special chapters on assessing suicidality and violence risks. The book includes many detailed case illustrations and reproducible interview tools , in a convenient large-size format with lay-flat binding.
"Those of us conducting interviews for the purpose of diagnosis and intervention planning will find this text an excellent resource. The complexities and dynamics common to conducting interviews with children, parents, and teachers are discussed in a clear and comprehensive manner. Dr. McConaughy has provided a concise, user-friendly, research-based text that will prove an invaluable guide for school-based and clinical practitioners. The reproducible worksheets, interview outlines, illustrative case examples, and chapters on assessing risks for suicide and violence are wonderful additions."
-Michael J. Breen, PhD, Director of Special Education/Pupil Services, Winneconne Community School District, Wisconsin
240 Pages, Size: 8 1/2" x 11"
1. Clinical Interviews in the Context of Multimethod Assessment
2. Strategies for Child Clinical Interviews
3. Clinical Interviews with Children: Talking about Activities, School, and Friends
4. Clinical Interviews with Children: Talking about Family Relations, Self-Awareness, Feelings, and Adolescent Issues
5. Interviews with Parents
6. Interviews with Teachers
7. Interpreting Clinical Interviews for Assessment and Intervention Planning
8. Special Issues: Assessing Risk for Suicide, David N. Miller and Stephanie H. McConaughy
9. Special Issues: Assessing Youth Violence and Threats of Violence in Schools: School-Based Risk Assessments, William Halikias
Stock: Usually ships in 3-4 business days!